Our commercial printing group was started in 1989 in Naperville, Illinois. Traditional printing back then consisted of 2-color offset printing presses, black and white copies, and fast turnaround. Within a few years, the business grew to become a leader in printing for the Western Suburbs.
Then in 2006, we established Blooming Color, a world-class commercial printing facility, in order to continue to deliver best-in-class quality services to our clients across a variety of printing disciplines—from conventional to wide format to true color match digital printing. Over the course of the last twenty years, our printing group has expanded and grown with technology to become a leader in commercial printing—not only in the greater Chicagoland area, but we now serve national and global clients as well.
Today, we continue to provide quality, small-scale printing as well as high-volume, high-end commercial services—and everything in between.
It is easy to become jaded when you hear every company jump on the “we’ve-gone-green” bandwagon. However, when your business utilizes one of our only truly sustainable resources, paper—a biodegradable, renewable, sustainable product made from trees—a little credit is due.
Here at Blooming Color, we have gone far beyond merely utilizing paper from sustainable and responsibly managed forests (which have resulted in America having more trees than it did 100 years ago). Every day, we consider the environmental impact of the products we use, the processes we employ and the environment we work in. It is an approach that has produced some great results:
- Blooming Color uses 100% vegetable based printing inks (not soy-based inks, which can contain up to 35% petroleum).
- Our excess ink is recycled/reused and eventually becomes tar for our nations roadways.
- We recycle 100% of all recyclable materials.
- Our waste paper is 100% recycled and made into personal use products such as paper towels, napkins and toilet paper. That’s because recycled paper should be used to produce products that don’t require intensive energy consumption or chemical use.
- Our pressroom utilizes chemistry, inks and coatings with low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Our paper is sourced from paper mills that only use responsible forestry practices.
At Blooming Color, we believe educating our clients can help provide a better understanding of the value of print and the steps the industry has taken to lead the charge on sustainability to make a positive impact on the environment.
- 360 Youth Services (NCO Youth & Family Services)
- Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce
- Casa De Luz
- Century Walk
- Choose DuPage
- Benet Academy
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Chamber 630
- Downers Grove School District 58
- Downtown St. Charles Partnership
- DuPage Children’s Museum
- DuPage Pads
- Education Center
- Edward Foundation
- Elgin Junior Service Board
- Fox Valley Marine Corps League
- Fox Valley Repertory Performing Arts Academy
- Geneva Chamber of Commerce
- Geneva Park District
- Giant Steps
- Girl Scouts of America
- Greater St. Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Greater St. Charles Education Foundation
- Healing Fields
- Heritage Society of Naperville
- Hesed House
- Indian Prairie School District 204
- Jeanine Nicarico Memorial Fund for Literacy
- Kiwanis Club of St. Charles
- Little Friends, Inc.
- Loaves & Fishes Community Food Pantry
- Naper Settlement
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Naperville Boys and Girls Club
- Naperville Community School District 203
- Naperville Development Partnership
- Naperville Education Foundation
- Naperville Exchange Club
- Naperville Jaycees
- Naperville Jaycees Last Fling
- Naperville Mayor’s Golf Outing
- Naperville Noon Lions
- Naperville Ribfest
- Naperville Riverwalk Foundation
- Naperville Turkey Trot
- North Central College
- Operation Support Our Troops
- Organ Transplant Support
- Ovarian Cancer Symptom Awareness
- The Robert August Koranda Scholarship Foundation
- Ron Buonauro Memorial Golf Outing
- Rotary Club of Naperville
- Samaritan Interfaith
- Ss. Peter Paul Church
- St. Charles Chamber of Commerce
- St. Charles Heritage Center
- St. Charles Park District
- St. Patrick’s Residence
- St. Raphael’s Church
- Turning Pointe Foundation
- United Way of Central Kane County
- Volley for the Cure
- Young Professionals of the Naperville Chamber